If you follow my blog (or plan on following), then you may notice that in my sidebar menu I have a live Twitter feed connected to my site.
Mr. Hematite, we can hear tumble weeds blowing through your feed.
Who said that? There goes that random disembodied voice again. But yes, I hear it too. And I don’t like it.
In this assignment, I’ve been tasked with expanding how I’ll connect through social media sites. Twitter is my go-to to start with, but I haven’t been using it properly yet. My goal is to use Twitter to attract new readers to my blog over the next month. I’ll do this by:
- Publicizing all my posts (like I currently do).
- Update once a day (with random facts, links, and the like).
- Share other bloggers posts at least once a week.
- Upload one photo every week.
- Ask one question every week.
- Tweet other bloggers/Twitter users about issues that are important to me.
Now, if I did the math right (let me see, add one, carry the two… yes), that’s at least 55 tweets over the course of the next month. That’s a lot of tweeting. How do you people do this all the time?!
With any luck I’ll be able to keep up with that goal. Looking ahead, it’s obvious that I’ll have to branch out to other social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc., if I want to reach as many people as possible, but that’s a battle best waged another day.
Featured image: A lone tree stands, looking for some company. – Hahei, Coromandel, New Zealand.